Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Dream Sleeve Project

My tattoos, to me, aren't just silly images that are permanently inked onto the skin. They involve something deeper. These are images of my favorite things in life. I'm not saying that I'm going to get a tattoo of a plate of spaghetti, because it is my favorite food, but this ink on my skin holds the greatest impacts of my life. Okay so maybe my first tattoo was just for the fun of rebellion, however that heart with the Saturn ring around it (which is put in a place that could be concealed by a bathing suit) marked the beginning of something beautiful.

Three tattoos later I'm ready to move on to something bigger. I was once attached to the idea of a 'Where the Wild Things Are' sleeve, however I decided to get Max on my foot instead. (Let's admit there are a bunch of 'Where the Wild Things Are' sleeves since the movie came out. It would be hard to keep it original.) I wanted to at least get something done since it was my favorite childhood book.

Now I need different artwork to occupy the residency which is my arm. I'm currently doing some research on my favorite artists.
I've decided to save the images to my desktop, then compare, contrast, and dilly dally to birth the tattoo that screams, "BETH!!!"
Among the inspiring artists are:


Audrey Kawasaki





Amy Sol




Miss Van








Chiho Aoshima





I want something that incorporates nature (not new age), cutesy (obviously), zombie-esc, with lots of color. I might just draw it out myself. I'll keep you posted.


(Grandma, I know you're reading this and I know I will have this on my arm forever, but I really don't mind being an old lady with tattoos.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you are taking suggestions but I think the Amy Sol stuff is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to brighten up the colors a bit.

    ReplyDelete